Thursday 24 November 2016

Filter Hoya 49mm CS (Cross Screen)


OK, its not a lens, but I got this filter as part of a lens package, so I though it would be fun to try it out. I used it on the Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm, that really shows off the effects as it is a very sharp lens. It's also a fast lens so my shutter speed was a lot higher than last weeks shots with the Minolta lens.

The filter adds a four-cross flare to very bright areas, giving a soft-focus effect. Ideal for photographs of ladies wearing jewelry or other objects with strong reflections or lights such as Christmas trees. The filter is also available as a six-pointed and eight-pointed star flare.

Good fun to play with, but don't think I will use it often. But good to have in your toolbox.
Filter Hoya 49mm CS (Cross Screen)
 
Samples:
2.5 sec, 100 ISO, without filter

2.5 sec, 100 ISO, with filter

2.5 sec, 100 ISO, with filter rotated slightly
 
2.5 sec, 100 ISO

2.5 sec, 100 ISO

5 sec, 100 ISO
 


1 comment: